Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Caprice42  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2012 3:44:38 PM(UTC)
Caprice42

Groups: Registered

After reading several online articles / forums, I still can't get my washer to work. A while back, I noticed that my washer kept stopping (unlocking for a second) and starting (relocking and continuing) during the cycle. But it still worked fine other than that, so I assumed that the machine just thought it was off balance or something. Then it stopped completing cycles and my clothes would be sitting in water that didn't appear to be clean / rinsed, but I could complete the load by unplugging the machine / plugging it back in to get the buttons to work, then switching it to the rinse / spin option, so I did that for a while. Then it stopped working entirely, and the buttons / dials aren't responsive. After a lot of online research, I checked for clogs - first in the hose between the washer and the wall (got some water pushing out of the machine when I snaked from the hole at the top / back of the machine down to the bottom of the machine, but never found a clog). It seemed to temporarily work off and on, then went back to leaving clothes in water and buttons / dials not working. Then I checked the same hose again, and took off the panel at the front / bottom of the machine and checked the hose going from the drain pump out of the machine, as well as the hose from the drum to the drain pump, and also the filter inside the drain pump boot. No clogs, and the filter was empty except for 2 pennies. I put everything back together, and still no luck. So then I ordered the door latch assembly, replaced that today, and nothing is happening / machine is still unresponsive since I plugged it back in. My only other option I can think of is replacing the door strike. I really can't afford a service call, if anyone has any suggestions / ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.