Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjat222  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:07:44 PM(UTC)
cjat222

Groups: Registered

I just bought a used Maytag washer, and when it goes into the spin cycle it bounces. I tried to adjust the leg but it doesnt work. At the back it has another ajustment I think. Can I get some suggestions please.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Shuckapeafarms  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:56:55 PM(UTC)
Shuckapeafarms

I own a Maytag but have never worked on it. My old GE had concrete counter weights with springs. The spring would break and cause it to rock and roll across the floor. Just pull off the back or tip it up and look underneath to see what they used. You may have to pull the top off as well to get at the springs if they used that set up. Maybe try the parts diagram here and it would show the set up. Under your model.......if you look at "base" it shows #18 as a set of 6 springs. You probably have broken springs as my GE did. I don't recall it being very difficult to replace the springs either.
cjat222  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:23:56 PM(UTC)
cjat222

Originally Posted by: Shuckapeafarms Go to Quoted Post
I own a Maytag but have never worked on it. My old GE had concrete counter weights with springs. The spring would break and cause it to rock and roll across the floor. Just pull off the back or tip it up and look underneath to see what they used. You may have to pull the top off as well to get at the springs if they used that set up. Maybe try the parts diagram here and it would show the set up. Under your model.......if you look at "base" it shows #18 as a set of 6 springs. You probably have broken springs as my GE did. I don't recall it being very difficult to replace the springs either.

thank you Im going to check that now
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply