Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yabadabadoo1026  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:22:52 PM(UTC)
yabadabadoo1026

Groups: Registered

it fills , it agitates and will not drain. I seem to hear the clunk ( reversing motor-right--to pump out) which i guess suggest direct drive??, seem to hear what I guess is a pump, and them smell a little burning smell, does not pump any water out--------------havent used washer in 10 years but was remember it working then-----have no reason to suspect timer----thoughts please---can a pump sieze up sitting up?

UPDATE--

got inside and disconnected hose going up from the filter and gravity emptied the tub thru the filter so hose going down must be clear----took the retainer off the filter assembly expecting it to seperate and i didnt so dont know what its retaining----filter look unglugged and clear

after draining the tub manually i turned it on and i was able to get it to spin with the top down and quit when lifted top so the switch appears not to be problem

so now aggitates and spins and doesnt drain---water drained down via gravity when messed with filter but water not going vertical to the exiting drain hose----------------is this starting to sound like a pump---i hope not

Update 2:

I dont see anyway that a sock etc could get between tub and drum and get sucked into the pump to clog itso I'm ruling that out---did see what appeared to be a lot of sediment in the manifold that water runs thru and ties into the pump but perhaps that a filtrations system--looks like a project to take the pump out and inspect it esp with that pully/belt above it-

since i see belt on teh drive mech I guess now this is not a direct drive---by elimination I'm feeling timer or silenoid or relay or maybe something electrical

anything I can visually watch for with the back cover off to shed any light

any and all thoughts appreciated--I'm stumped--
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.