Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
al-lawn  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 2:02:32 PM(UTC)
al-lawn

Groups: Registered

please help

washer doesnt fill with water

>replace water valve (a repair man said so)
>replace presure switch w10177795 (repair man felt bad so he tried this)
>replace temp switch w10179666 (i jumped hot wire to hot/cold wire and it started to fill)

countless hours and search and i am lost!

is any of the parts i replace faulty?? the timer is good because when it is on i will manually turn it and it will agitate,spin,etc... ????????

what else can i do??????

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MayTech  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 11:26:38 PM(UTC)
MayTech

Is it a certain temp of water not working? (hot doesn't work but cold does?) If so make sure your water is on at both taps. (I know it sounds dumb but i've overlooked this a time or two), also make sure your fill hoses aren't plugged with gunk (especially if they have screens in them). You'll have to remove both sides and check.

Just because the timer will agitate/spin doesn't mean it's not the problem. Power for the valves comes from the timer. You'll need to test power at the water valves with a volt meter, and work your way backwards from those to figure out where you're losing 120volts.

hope this helps.
al-lawn  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 12:25:42 AM(UTC)
al-lawn

Thanks for a reply!

When I jumped both the hot valve wire and the cold valve wire> both filled with water! So that's why I assumed it was the temp valve!

The water valve is brand new! The temp switch is brand new and the pressure switch too!

I'm guessing timer switch! But I really hate buying parts and it doesn't fix it! Do you know how to check the timer switch (control switch)

I will check for 12 at the water pump valve tommz! What will 12 volts tell me? Or visversa?

Thanks
MayTech  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:08:23 PM(UTC)
MayTech

You'll have to check the terminals coming out of the timer for 120 volts.. Refer to your wiring diagram in the unit to figure out which terminals should have 120 volts on them.

If you buy a timer through this site i believe they'll return it even if you've installed it?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply