Discuss

Washing Machine will only complete cycle properly in Gentle Cycle

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have a washing machine that will not properly complete the wash cycle (will not spin to get the water

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Washing Machine will only complete cycle properly in Gentle Cycle

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

brewskii54 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Washing Machine will only complete cycle properly in Gentle Cycle
Brand: -brand-   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a washing machine that will not properly complete the wash cycle (will not spin to get the water out correctly). We have had to resort to washing everything in the Gentle cycle. Any recommendations?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Hi.

Please provide the complete model number and brand of the washer.

Thank you.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Default Response

I couldn't see the model number without having to move the washer from its position in my upstairs hallway but it is a GE Super Capacity Plus. Hope that helps. If necessary, I will have to try to move it out of its position. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Default Model Number Found

Hello again. After doing some more research (i.e., where to locate the model number) I found it. It's a GE Model S3700E4WW top loader washing machine.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Expert

Hi.

If the washer completes the Gentle cycle but won't work in the Regular then the most likely it's a bad timer

Part number: WH12X10300

Part number: WH12X10300

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric S3700E4WW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 AM

Default Received Part but Knob Assembly wont stay connected

Hello. I received the timer part and with the assist of my son-in-law, took off the original and swapped it out with the new. Now the knob assembly is not staying on so that the machine can be turned on to wash. It is free wheeling. When pushing the knob assembly so that it connects to the timer part, it doesn't click into place. The knob free-wheels. I'm thinking I will probably need to replace that unless any of you have a suggested fix attempt.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Expert

Hi.

Make sure that the knob, the clip and the dial are not broken.

Here is the diagram Controls & backsplash replacement parts for General Electric S3700E4WW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you.

Simon.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Washing Machine Appears to Be Fixed

Thanks Simon for your recommendations. It appears that the swap out of the timer has fixed the issue. The issue with the dial assembly not staying on was due to the timer not being guided into the slots to keep it secured. Once I did that, everything fit perfectly and it is doing its thing. Thanks again. This is a great site!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Expert

You are welcome.

Simon.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.