Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nukesul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:17:29 AM(UTC)
nukesul

Groups: Registered

A bit of a saga...
-Washer stopped mid load full of water. I suspected lid switch so applied a jumper to bypass the switch. This worked to get the machine to drain but then timer ran continuously regardless of timer switch (in/out) position.
-Ordered a lid switch and machine drained some more and agitator started but no cycle can now be selected. Agitator goes but no other cycle can be entered regardless of timer position.
-According to the electrical diagram all switches should be open when timer switch is open however I now have 120v at the timer motor and level switch no matter the timer switch position.(in/out) The timer motor no longer seems to be driving.

I suspect I have a stuck contact(s) in the timer switch and have now burnt out the timer motor so it is stuck in one mode of operation. Does this sound right? Any other scenarios? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.