Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dirtyclothesmom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:52:49 PM(UTC)
dirtyclothesmom

Groups: Registered

Aloha,

Brand: GE Hydrowave Commercial Washer
Model Number: WCRD2050H1WC
I have a few questions abut the GE hydrowave washing machine.
1. When the machine is off and you grab the agitator and move it, should the basket spin with the agitator ( only spins one way,not both)?
2. Is there a noticable difference of how the basket moves (the shifting wave action ) between the different cycles such as if it is on a delicate setting compared to a "normal" setting.
This washer seems to barley move and if a "large" load is put in it just seems to swish like it is on a delicate cycle. It does not even clean clothes that is a medium load (2 tank tops 1 athletic shorts, one surfer shorts, 1 twin sheet, 2 dish towels one bath towel(small) and a pair of boys underware)
A repairman said that is how it is supposed to work and the green light on the motor flashes about every .05 seconds just as it is supposed to.
Howevere this machine does not move the clothes in the action that is shown on the GE website video, Nothing and I mean Nothing comes out clean, is there anyone out there that can helpme to understand if this is how this machine works?
Thank you for all help offered!!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:33:11 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

GE does not release technical info on its products, so for questions like yours we really have no good information. For the basic top and front loading GE's we are pretty knowledgeable, but with your model that is not the cas.

There is definitely something wrong with your machine, but you are going to have to talk with someone who is experienced in this particular model for advice and info.

Sorry not to be more helpful. Good luck.
dirtyclothesmom  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:47:31 PM(UTC)
dirtyclothesmom

Aloha,

Thank you for your reply. It just seems as though no one here (where I live) knows or does not care about this machine. GE was of no help either. Maybe Ill just bust out the star wrenches and check the panel myself, cant hurt! Thanks again for your help
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:18:46 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Good, give it a shot and let us know what you find out as it will help all of us.
applianceman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:55:51 PM(UTC)
applianceman

I would say the sifter coil is bad but it would show up on the motor LED fault codes. But just to be sure remove the front and start the washer. When it starts to agitate look to see if the spin basket is spinning during agitate (you can see it through the tub). If so the shifter coil is bad.

If not check the agitator coupling (under the agitator) to see if it is stripped out.

If that is not striped out I don’t know what else to tell you. During agitation the agitator alone should turn at the same rate as the big pulley at the bottom of the machine because there are no gears or anything. Hope this helps!
HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide
Narapni  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:28:09 AM(UTC)
Narapni

Is the model in question (WCRD2050H1WC) a hydrowave model? According to appliancepartspros.com web site it is a simple coin operated model?? Or am I seeing things?
applianceman  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:34:54 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Originally Posted by: Narapni Go to Quoted Post
Is the model in question (WCRD2050H1WC) a hydrowave model? According to appliancepartspros.com web site it is a simple coin operated model?? Or am I seeing things?

When I look it up on this website (appliancepartspros.com) they don’t have this model listed they have WCRD2050D0WC WCRD2050D1WC WCRD2050F1WC WCRD2050F2WC WCRD2050F3WC

Only the last one on that list is a HydroWave model. However I looked up WCRD2050H1WC on GE’s official parts website and they show it as a HydroWave model.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply