Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rae  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:05:10 AM(UTC)
Rae

Groups: Registered

Hi I have a Maytag Neptune . The machine will spin but does not drain the water. Is this a pump problem or something else.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:02:13 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

You need to access the pump. First, check it to see if there is an obstruction (like a coin on the discharge flapper). If no obstruction, disconnect it and put a test cord on it. plug in the test cord and see if it runs. If it does, the problem is probably the main control board. If not, replace the pump.
Rae  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 10:07:46 AM(UTC)
Rae

I Have accessed the pump and with the test cord it works. I may need to explain further that when the washer spins with a load it does not drain but when it is empty and I put it on the spin cycle it will allow it to drain sometimes. Do you still feel that this is a control board issue or could it possibly be something else like the pressure switch on top of the pump. Also if you feel it is the control board the online schematics show it behind the control console on top of the machine but when I was under my machine I noticed a similar board with the electrical leads coming out of it . Which board is it ?????? HELP
magician59  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 11:23:35 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

First: The board you saw below is the motor speed control board. The one in question is the one inside the console. It is quite a bit more costly than the pressure switch. The pressure switch will control several things, including whether the machine goes into spin, and how fast it spins. If you see the tech sheet (usually folded and inside the console), get it out and follow the instructions to put the machine through a diagnostic run. That may shed more light on the cause of your problem.
Rae  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 11:52:20 AM(UTC)
Rae

Thank You that's what i"ll do now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply