Discuss

Washer Spins very slowly and won't drain

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have a 12 year old Admiral LNC6764A71, it may be time for a new washer but before I go

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Washer Spins very slowly and won't drain

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 PM

dhooper29 is on a distinguished road
Default Washer Spins very slowly and won't drain
Brand: Admiral   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a 12 year old Admiral LNC6764A71, it may be time for a new washer but before I go that route I want to know if it is worth trying to fix it.

Initally the tub would fill and drain but with a winning sound, almost as though a belt was slipping.

Now it fills and will turn but very slowly, and will not drain. What could the problem be and is it worth trying to fix it?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

I lead towards the replacement decision, primarily because of the age of your machine and the fact that there are good prices on basic top loader with non-electronic controls, which is the machine I would buy.

If you do want to try and fix it, try replacing thrust bearing, using this kit package here. Instructions are included and try to have a helper.

Part number: AP4009132

Part number: AP4009132