Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
so2315  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:48:51 AM(UTC)
so2315

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag MAV7000AWW that has served me well for some time. Lately the washer makes a slight noise during the agitation cycle. When I open the lid it appears that it was trying to agitate, but not enough to make the soap foam up or move the clothes. It makes a slight grinding noise during the agitation, but none during the spin cycle.
It seems to run the cycles fine, I had to replace the pump last year. Where do I need to start in diagnosing the agitation woes?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

so2315  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:15:21 PM(UTC)
so2315

Groups: Registered

Quick Update: I filled the tub to the small load level and popped the top open and watched the agitation. Seemed to work just fine. Threw in some towels and it still worked fine.
I then filled the tub up to the large load setting and watched the agitation. It would rotate clockwise but not go back and forth like it did on the low level. If I held down the top of the agitator it would go back and forth like it should. It appears the ratcheting mechanism is wore out. I took the agitator off, and pulled up on the top portion. Two plastic cylinders about the diameter of a pencil fell off, and the others tha were still up inside are wore flat. Can I repair this or do I need to buy a whole new agitator?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply