Discuss

Kenmore Elite Washer Won't Spin or Drain

in

Washer Repair

. "

Correction - I just unplugged the machine for a few minutes, and then ran the drain/spin cycle again to try

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Kenmore Elite Washer Won't Spin or Drain

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 PM

peetey is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Correction - I just unplugged the machine for a few minutes, and then ran the drain/spin cycle again to try to remove the remaining water in from below the bottom of the tub from when the rinse/spin cycle stopped before, and it is successfully running as I type this, in case this alters your diagnosis in any way.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Based on all this I think it is your transmission, that it is jamming in agitation and that is what is causing your problem.

As far as repair is concerned, you can purchase this same machine, a basic Whirlpool top loader for about $300 to $350.00 in our area, sometimes even less if it is on sale. The same model is sold under the Roper and Estate brands, and sometimes under the Admiral brand usually at an even lower price.

If you want to continue to play with it, see if there is a used appliance store in your area and they might have a used transmission they have sitting around that you can purchase inexpensively. The transmission comes out easily, three big screws undone and there you are.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks. So I guess you're advising a new machine. For what it's worth, I just ran the neutral drain/spin diagnostic test, and the second step, "motor drains ar medium speed" resulted in the humming and no response while it ran fine at both high and low speed. Is it still the transmission?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:57 PM

Tech from APP suggested that it sounds like the electronic control board, so I ordered one and waiting for it to arrive. Does this sound reasonable, based on the newly discovered fact that the motor seems to run fine during the fast and slow "t4" test, but only hums at medium speed during the test?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Interesting, worth a try. You can return the part if it does not fix things.