Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevesxm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:10:34 PM(UTC)
stevesxm

Groups: Registered

good afternoon troops,
i have a duet washer model shown above. the other day the door locked and got an f22 error message. f22 means "door lock error" ( wow... i know )

at any rate i trip the manual release and take the lock mechanism out and hold it in my hand and cycle it. it seems to " latch" hard and clean but the little red " door locked" light never comes on and after a second or two the mechanism sort of growls a bit as if somthing inside is trying to cycle but can't but the growls is located away from the solonoid that drives the latch.

a few seconds later the f22 message shows up and thats that.

a new latch assy is only 75 $ or so and i have no problem buying one and replacing it IF i believe that the latch assy is really the problem and not a signal off a board somewhere....

this is a 7 wire system... 2 big pink ones that i believe drive the solonoid , slim blue ones that i THINK run the light signal and 3 black ones ...

first question... is this a common deal and i should just stop agonizing and buy a new latch ?

2nd can i jump across two of these wires to trip the light circuit to confirm the latch mech is the problem

3rd, is there some other diagnostic i can do to try to id the problem ?

thanks

steve

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-lock.html#ixzz1wNxzByCl
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

eg438  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:05:24 PM(UTC)
eg438

Hi Steve...Ed here.
Did you ever figure out your problem? I think I have a similar issue with 9470 Duet that is only 21 months old. I am getting F70 but I found the plug with blue wires at the top rear was loose. When I plugged it in, the display went from no power to on but it still would not start. When I push the lock button, I get "beep beep" but nothing else happens---no lock, no start. I think the F70 results from the main board not being able to control the lock. what do you think about that theory?
Ed

Originally Posted by: stevesxm Go to Quoted Post
good afternoon troops,

i have a duet washer model shown above. the other day the door locked and got an f22 error message. f22 means "door lock error" ( wow... i know )

at any rate i trip the manual release and take the lock mechanism out and hold it in my hand and cycle it. it seems to " latch" hard and clean but the little red " door locked" light never comes on and after a second or two the mechanism sort of growls a bit as if somthing inside is trying to cycle but can't but the growls is located away from the solonoid that drives the latch.

a few seconds later the f22 message shows up and thats that.

a new latch assy is only 75 $ or so and i have no problem buying one and replacing it IF i believe that the latch assy is really the problem and not a signal off a board somewhere....

this is a 7 wire system... 2 big pink ones that i believe drive the solonoid , slim blue ones that i THINK run the light signal and 3 black ones ...

first question... is this a common deal and i should just stop agonizing and buy a new latch ?

2nd can i jump across two of these wires to trip the light circuit to confirm the latch mech is the problem

3rd, is there some other diagnostic i can do to try to id the problem ?

thanks

steve

stevesxm  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:00:42 AM(UTC)
stevesxm

Originally Posted by: eg438 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steve...Ed here.
Did you ever figure out your problem? I think I have a similar issue with 9470 Duet that is only 21 months old. I am getting F70 but I found the plug with blue wires at the top rear was loose. When I plugged it in, the display went from no power to on but it still would not start. When I push the lock button, I get "beep beep" but nothing else happens---no lock, no start. I think the F70 results from the main board not being able to control the lock. what do you think about that theory?
Ed

hi ed,
i can't say. i did not get into the electronics of it at all nor do i presume to know the logic embedded in the controller. my solution at the time was to simply fool the board into thinking that the lock worked and that got the unit running. ultimately i was able to source a lock assy cheap and finally got it here and changed it out.

i have to say that i am unimpressed with the relaibility of the ge stuff that i have had and use exclusively frigidaire now with far far better results. i no longer buy ge stuff at all.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply