Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rdg1237  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:19:14 PM(UTC)
rdg1237

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Duet model GHW9100LW1 serial number csp1306986 which will not power up. I have replaced the water pump and the inlet valve several months ago with parts from AppliancePartsPros and it has run fine for several months. The washer operated fine one day and the next day it was dead. I do have line voltage. There is a module prior to the CCM that I believe is the line filter. There is voltage coming from this module. I have unpluggged it for one day in hopes that it may reset. No such luck. The tech manual (L-68) indicates I should here a clicking sound from the CCM if there is a problem, but I do not here that either. Could you tell me if the CCM need to be replaced or is there some other item that may be the problem? Thanks for your help.

Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:19:05 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you are getting voltage to the CCM but it is not powering up with any display then the CCM has probably failed. Further evidence would be if you try to start the machine and the door does not lock.

Unfortunately the only way to be certain is to purchase a replacement and install it.
rdg1237  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 3:02:12 PM(UTC)
rdg1237

I replaced the CCM and the washer seems to run fine, except after it completes a cycle, there is a high pitch wine coming from the CCM. The only way I can stop the sound is to unplug the washer. There is no sound when the washer is running. The wine only occurs when the washer is off and plugged in. Is the new CCM I installed faulty?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 3:07:37 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Wow

I can only conclude that the CCM has a fault in it. See if the seller will replace it under warranty.
rdg1237  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 3:12:50 PM(UTC)
rdg1237

We purchased the part from you (ApplicancePartsPro.com) and they said they can exchange it. Can I still use the washer until I get a replacement part or could it damage the machine?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 4:05:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Good, I am glad they will exchange it for you. Those of us who respond are volunteers and not associated with APP but I do think they are one of the best of the internet parts suppliers.

As far as continuing to use the machine goes, it is unlikely that what you have described would damage the washer, but you're on your own on that issue. APP delivers very fast, so if you have any doubt I would just wait.
glen65  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 5:14:59 PM(UTC)
glen65

Originally Posted by: rdg1237 Go to Quoted Post
We purchased the part from you (ApplicancePartsPro.com) and they said they can exchange it. Can I still use the washer until I get a replacement part or could it damage the machine?

Keep us posted and let us know how things work out after you
replace it.
rdg1237  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 5:46:26 PM(UTC)
rdg1237

Thanks for your help. I ran the washer even with the whine coming from the CCM board. At the end of the second wash cycle, the washer died. No lights, but still a whine frome the CCM board. I unplugged it for a while, and still it did not work. Do you think some could be affecting the CCM board? Maybe I have a problem with my incoming power. The boards are expensive. I am afraid when I stick the new board in that too will go bad. Thanks for your help.
sidfink43  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 6:02:09 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, this is a mystery. You could also replace the wiring harness, but I hesitate to recommend you spending more bucks on a machine you may not be able to get running.

Given the "whine" in your board after you installed it I am still inclined to beleive that the replacement was bad,.

Here is the service manual which will show you how to do some checks. Run the checks on both the old and new boards and see if the test out the same. And check the power coming into the board again.

https://secured.whirlpoo...ILE/Duet%20Job%20Aid.pdf
rdg1237  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 5:35:48 PM(UTC)
rdg1237

Well I received a replacement board from AppliancePartsPros installed that board and that one also failed. It had the same whine and never made it through a single wash cycle. Either they have a bad lot of CCM boards or they have poorer quality. I bought a CCM board direct from Whirlpool and every thing works fine, at least so far. I'm up and running. Thanks for your help
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply