Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rickw51  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:36:10 PM(UTC)
rickw51

Groups: Registered

During the spin cycle the washer never gets up to speed so clothes are still soaking wet. I replaced the thrust washer but it did not help. I did notice that I am unable to turn the tub (tried by using a wrench on the agitator bolt). Also the tub pulley underneath the washer will spin freely in either direction but the tub will not move when spinning the pulley.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:45:14 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Sounds like you either did not get the thrust washer on with enough pressure, or more likely you have a brake problem. Getting into the brakes is not an easy repair and you have to have a special brake tool as the spring is under heavy pressure and can be dangerous.
rickw51  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:04:45 AM(UTC)
rickw51

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like you either did not get the thrust washer on with enough pressure, or more likely you have a brake problem. Getting into the brakes is not an easy repair and you have to have a special brake tool as the spring is under heavy pressure and can be dangerous.

Thanks. I replaced the brake and the machine will now spin but will not agitate. I suspect it is a brake engagement issue. Will adjust and try again. I was able to remove the brake quite easily by replacing two of the stator screws will ones that were 1.5 inches long. Removing these longer screws last (evenly) allows the spring to slowly decompress.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply