Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bogginbronco95  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2012 4:00:20 PM(UTC)
bogginbronco95

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I got a very puzzling washer problem. I bought the washer used about 2 months ago. It has always shaken on skin cycle and a little while washing. I tore it all apart. Balance ring seems good and has fluid in it. The springs seemed weak so i replace them all. All 3 suspensions springs and the counter balance spring. Spring holes are intact and not rusty. Put washer back together and it has a skip to it when it spins. Like every revolution it wobbles to the left side. It skips just like an out of round tire does where it hops every revolution. Any idea what it could be as the springs are all new and the balance ring seems to be ok. I should also mention that it does this with the tub empty. I got the washer for $50 so I hate to have to buy a new one. I am very mechanically inclined so in depth repairs are not an issue. I am just not familiar with appliances.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bogginbronco95  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2012 4:03:26 PM(UTC)
bogginbronco95

I forgot to add that with the new springs it agitates and washes better and the tub stays still. It does not wiggle anymore. Washer is quieter as well.
bogginbronco95  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 5:36:00 AM(UTC)
bogginbronco95

It seems to wanna stick to the left side when I push it. If the load is better balanced it seems to stay in one spot on the floor but shakes violently but the tub does not hit the sides.
bogginbronco95  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:10:26 AM(UTC)
bogginbronco95

I have been doing some research and I think my pads may be worn out. The washer is old enough. Is it a good idea to replace all 6 of them or should I check to see which ones are bad first?
bogginbronco95  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:26:37 AM(UTC)
bogginbronco95

Solved my washer problem myself. My rear tub suspension pad is missing so it seems that was my problem all along. With new pads and the springs my washer should spin like a champ. the base pads are still there and in good shape,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply