Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coolhanduke  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:23:38 AM(UTC)
coolhanduke

Groups: Registered

We had a neutral wire problem at our home and it fried the washer control board. I replaced it with a new part from ApplianceParts Pro. Thank you. The washer goes through all its cycles, including a near final spin and drain, but the clothes are sopping wet as though the tub is not spinning fast enough. There is no light on the motor control board, nor is there a diode on the board where all the drawings say it's supposed to be. The field service routine seems to work fine. What can keep the machine from spinning fast? Thanks, Dan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:17:46 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: coolhanduke Go to Quoted Post
...There is no light on the motor control board...

Hi Dan,

Where did you look for the LED? It must be under the motor's metal drip shield like it's shown at the attached picture or on the right side of the motor.

Gene.
P.S. Make sure there are no any foreign objects between the inner and outer tubs.
File Attachment(s):
The signal LED location.doc (541kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
coolhanduke  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:03:13 AM(UTC)
coolhanduke

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dan,

Where did you look for the LED? It must be under the motor's metal drip shield like it's shown at the attached picture or on the right side of the motor.

Gene.
P.S. Make sure there are no any foreign objects between the inner and outer tubs.

Hi Gene,
That's where I thought the LED would be, but there isn't one there. There's a component deep in the board toward the back that looks like it could be a LED but it does not light. Before the power surges in our home, the washer worked beautifully and with the new control board everything functions except the spin speed. Are there two speeds of spin or only one? I set it for longer spin, but the clothes are still drenched at the end of the wash, although the tub is dry. I'll look for something between the tubs. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dan
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 1:50:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dan,

In such situation I would suspect the motor inverter failure. The correction is to replace the motor/inverter assembly.

- The motor/inverter assembly Part number: WH20X10058
Part number: WH20X10058

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply