Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JJMACE  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:17:30 PM(UTC)
JJMACE

Groups: Registered

so i was washing towels today and i heard a a whining sound coming from the washer. so i open the lid and the water is gone and its not spinning (yes it was in spin cycle). i pushed the button and it started spinning finally and still made the whining noise. i let it finish and turned the knob to where it was almost in spin mode again. it agitated fine then when it got to where it should be spinning it did the same thing. the motor started but no spin. open the lid and close it and it will start spinning and all the while making the loud whine. from what ive been reading im thinking the clutch?? but i have no idea about this kind of stuff.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:38:47 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Your machine has what is called a neutral drain. After agitating, the machine shifts the transmission into neutral so that the motor turns and the pump takes out the water but the machine is not spinning. After a designated time the timer shuts off the motor.

This causes the transmission to shift into spin and spin takes place. Your timer is defective and not stopping the motor. So when you open the lid you manually stop the motor, and when you close it the transmission has shifted and spin starts.

You can use it like that, opening the lid to make it go or better yet, replace the timer and you should be all set.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply