Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tinknocker  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 3:57:03 PM(UTC)
tinknocker

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool washer that has weak agitating.The bottom agitator moves about 1 inch back and forth, I just looked at a Kenmore 110.92281100 and the agitator on it moves about 8 inches/90 degrees drive connector is good and i have changed the dogs and the clutch. agitator is not stripped the spin works. Could it be the transmission? or a console switch? I've been searching on line for 2 days and at my wits end Thanks for any input and advice Tinknocker :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:14:54 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Usually this problem is the dogs. Grasp the top of the agitator and turn it and see if the dogs catch.

If they do then then it is somewhat of a mystery as to why the agitation is slow, particularly if the spin is ok. The next thing I would check is the coupling as it may be broken in a way that allows spin but does not allow for full agitation.

Finally if everything checks out it may be a timer issue.
tinknocker  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 7:53:55 PM(UTC)
tinknocker

After changing dogs, clutch and motor connector my washer still does'nt work. $80+ and I'm pissed, now I'm told it might be a $130 timer switch! how do I check a timer switch? before I replace every part in this whirlpool lsc9000pw2. A recap on my problem large bottom agitator barely moves in perm press or reg load moves slightly more in delicates a faint ratchet sound when agitating, agitator is not stripped, spin and drain works fine, transmission spins by hand but at about 3 spins at connector for 1 revolution of spindle.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:04:49 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Sorry those fixes didn't work. I am not sure why you changed out the clutch as it is involved with the spin, not agitation and you should not have changed out the coupling unless there was a problem.

I had thought from your earlier post that the agitator worked ok in some cycles, but if it does not work in all cycles then the most likely part to change out at this time is the transmission. I you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.
tinknocker  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:07:56 PM(UTC)
tinknocker

thanks Sidfink another site said it was the clutch or the dogs so i replaced them to no avail. I can't afford to throw any more money that I don't have at this machine. I was afraid it was the trans.
tinknocker  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 7:37:49 PM(UTC)
tinknocker

Originally Posted by: tinknocker Go to Quoted Post
thanks Sidfink another site said it was the clutch or the dogs so i replaced them to no avail. I can't afford to throw any more money that I don't have at this machine. I was afraid it was the trans.

i just replaced the transmission from a donor washer and finally its works! luckily I found a Kenmore that used the same parts. It pays to find a junker for spare parts. Good luck to anyone with the same problem. tinknocker
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2012 4:10:44 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply