Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jotabe  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:41:40 AM(UTC)
Jotabe

Groups: Registered

Here are the symptoms ..

Washer will Spin and drain in all wash cycles. In Soak Mode ... it will fill the tub ..agitator spins but stops somewhere in the middle of the cycle with tub full and then I move the control knob one click at a time until the spin and rinse kicks in and then it completes the cycle.

What it doesn't do .. at the start of any Regular, permanent press, delicate wash cycle .. it's dead. Does not fill the tub ... dial does not advance ... just sits there.

I have ohmed the lid switch ... it's fine. Opened up the control board ... the washer's frame ... sniffed around .. do not smell anything burnt ... the washer had been used heavily for the day and then stopped. Load was found with washer full of water.

The timer is 3358741B ... is there a check lit to ohm it out to insure it's bad?

All help appreciated.

Thank you,

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 4:52:55 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It does sound like the timer.

The best way to check it out is to go ahead and replace it. If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.
Jotabe  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:45:35 AM(UTC)
Jotabe

Thank you ... I think that is what I will do.
Jotabe  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:40:57 AM(UTC)
Jotabe

Hello:

I got back to the old house and the timer was waiting for me ... thank you very much. Here's the issue ... the timer appears to be exactly "fit form and function" except for 1 thing ... the two mounting holes that were threaded on the old timer are not threaded on the new one. Is there a different type of fastner I should use?

I noticed another thread (no pun intended) on the site where some one had a similar issue, but didn't see a solution other than send the part back. .... I guess I could go buy some self tapping screws.

Regards,

John
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:58:39 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

I looked up the timer according the model number and came up with different part number

The timer Part number: 285938
Part number: 285938

Check if that what you need.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool LSR7233BQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck.

Simon.
Jotabe  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:02:03 PM(UTC)
Jotabe

As Far as I can tell .. they are equivalent. Outside of the lack of threads ... when you hold them in your hand .. you can't see any difference. I picked up a pair of self tapping screws #10 ..same as the other ones and it went together fine.

So here's the issue ... it's operating the same ... here's an overview of the problem...

It can never start a wash cycle. ... but if you click along it will start up in the middle of the cycle. It then stops a click before the Rinse. ... if you click along inside the Rinse Cycle it will start up and go right on through SPIN and complete.

This is the same for all types of Washing except Soak where it starts up just fine and stops mid way through ... then you click along one at a time and start ups up and completes.

Is there a common component to the start of a Wash and the start of a Rinse .. a solenoid or something?

Regards,

John
Gene  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:26:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jotabe Go to Quoted Post
...It can never start a wash cycle. ... but if you click along it will start up in the middle of the cycle...

Hi John,

Check for continuity between the V & T water level switch terminals at that time (the wires have to be removed). Check for 120 VAC between the terminal T and the ground (the wire should be connected to the terminal V). Post the results.

Gene.
Jotabe  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:33:27 PM(UTC)
Jotabe

I will check it out ... Thank you
Jotabe  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:22:01 PM(UTC)
Jotabe

So ... just to make sure I am checking things correctly

I ohmed out the wire harness from the water level switch to the timer plug (purple, pink and brown) ... all read < 1 ohms

The Resistance between V and T on the Switch (no wires connected) was < 1 ohm

With the wire connect to terminal V ... I am not seeing anything on on T at the water level switch

when doing the AC measurements, I am not doing much of anything with the Timer switch other than push it in or out to see if it makes a difference when (washer is plugged in )... should I set it at a particular position?
Jotabe  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:59:51 PM(UTC)
Jotabe

For what it's worth .. when the washer is filling during "soak cycle"... there is 120 VAC on V and P
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply