Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robbwilson  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:36:32 PM(UTC)
robbwilson

Groups: Registered

Hi,
The washing machine part of my Whirlpool LTE6234DQ1 washer/dryer stacked combination no longer works properly. Please help me diagnose the problem so that I can order the needed parts.

The washer fills properly but it makes a lot of noise on all other cycles. The washer agitator turns weakly or not at all on wash and spin. The water pump does work and water is pumped out on spin cycle.

I already ordered the coupler and water pump thinking that these parts were bad. But after watching many YouTube videos I now think that what I ordered was not correct, and that maybe it is the clutch or the transmission {if the coupler was broken, (1) would the agitator turn at all? (2) when I rotate the coupler by hand, if it was broken, would it still be able to turn the shaft of the motor and the shaft of the water pump?}.

I have posted a YouTube video of what happens when I go through the different cycles and the noise the machine makes at:
http://youtu.be/wiaRdIDEGwA

Please help in diagnosing the problem so that I can order the correct parts. The machine is out of the country and I don't have a repair person who can come out to fix it. So if the repair is to be made, it will be me who does it. I don't mind ordering extra parts to take with me, but I want to be sure that I can repair it when I go back.

Also -- how do I get the washer cabinet off of a stackable? Do I need to take the dryer off the top of the washer first, and then follow the steps for a washer cabinet removal?

Thanks,
Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.