Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jjelliott2  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:22:01 PM(UTC)
jjelliott2

Groups: Registered

whirlpool duet towards end of wash cycle does fast spin 3 times, then stops, yellow wash light starts flashing along with steady beeping. The door stays locked and door light remains on. I have to unplug it, plug it back in, turn it on, set it on rinse/drain&spin and start it, sometimes this has to be done 2-3 times before it finally runs through. I do not have a digital display on this model so I do not get an error code. I have cleaned filter. Thanks for the help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:14:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The WASH LED will flash and the error code number is represented by the number of times the LED flashes. The first set of flashes represents the “F” and the second set of flashes represents the “E”. There is a pause of 2 seconds between the flashes for “F” and “E”. The error code sequence will repeat after a pause of 5 seconds. Post the exact number of the flashes.

Gene.
jjelliott2  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:48:57 PM(UTC)
jjelliott2

It flash's twice and then a long pause, around 5 or 6 seconds, and keeps repeating that pattern. So there doesn't seem to be a second set of flash's.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:49:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

This error code points to "Suds lock".

The first question in such situation is: what kind and amount of detergent did you use?

With this washer you have to use only HE detergents and use a smallest possible amount. Less is better.

Gene.
jjelliott2  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 6:43:01 AM(UTC)
jjelliott2

Thanks for your help. I have been using tiny amounts (1 tsp) of he detergent, or sometimes none at all using only vinegar to see if it would straighten out. After probably 20 loads it is slightly better but still does it most of the time. Should we replace something?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:11:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the front bottom access panel. Using a shallow pan to catch the water, unscrew the filter from the drain pump and clean it.

Perform the washer maintenance procedure, using Affresh, as described in the Owner's guide (page 20).

Check the pressure hose between the pressure switch (#23 at the diagram). Blow some air through the hose to make sure it's clean.

If it would not fix the problem, replace the pressure switch.

- The pressure switch Part number: W10163980
Part number: W10163980

Gene.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 11:24:51 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Did you ever get an answer as to why it’s not finishing? I have the exact same problem and have to do the same thing you do to get it to finish.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply