Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ApplianceLou  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 8:59:11 AM(UTC)
ApplianceLou

Groups: Registered

Hello All!

Hope the experts here can solve this one:

Our Whirlpool LPR6244AN0 'freezes' at the point the pump should be emptying the tub.

Using (for example) the gentle cycle, the tub fills correctly, wash cycle starts and advances correctly, then... nothing.

Have a feeling the timer assembly may be OK, as it advances correctly up to this point (and I can hear the timer motor running right through to the 'dead' spot)

I don't hear any activation of the pump, and there are no grinding, spinning or other unhappy noises being made.

Is it the motor start switch which would control activation of the pump, even though the motor runs great for agitation (is it the same motor?)?

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Lou
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fyxer  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 10:19:09 AM(UTC)
fyxer

there is a lid switch that stop the machine when someone open the lid,when machine is spinning it can be dangerous if someome stuck their hand inside, if this switch is broken the machine will not spin,check also to make sure the lid switch actuator is not broken or missing, the actuator is usually a small piece of plactic attach to the lid when you open the lid it open the switch,and close the switch when the lid is closed.
ApplianceLou  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 11:04:53 AM(UTC)
ApplianceLou

for your response. Wow, yes, that makes perfect sense - because the 'wash' cycle would work even with the lid up, right? ...as it does.

As I recall, the pump and spin functions require the lid down - am I correct?

Is this switch a simple two-pole assembly? IE, can I simply jumper it to test the hypothesis?

Totally Correct! And thank you for your diagnosis. The switch works only intermittently, causing the problem. Suspect I may need to clean or replace it, but in the meantime, a little extra pressure when closing the lid does the trick.

Thanks for your help. - Lou
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply