Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wtfchuck  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 6:04:34 PM(UTC)
wtfchuck

Groups: Registered

I cannot find the model# on the washer. I is a Whirlpool Royal Super Capacity.I do not have a manual for it either. I have smelt a burning smell like an electrical burn when washer is in use. Now the other day my washer motor hums after it fills and doesn't want to start, i have turned the dial manually in every cycle and only the hum, I pulled the back panel off and (unplugged of course ) tried to move the belt by hand and it was very hard to turn then it was a little easier but still the same thing but the belt moved very slowley, i got the machine to run by pulling the knob while pulling the belt with my fingure tips then it worked fine, today we tried to wash and the same hum so i did the same thing and had to do that quite a few times and got it to run we are doing a few loads and it has worked for 3 different loads my wife says it did have a high pitch noise and that the cats gave a yuck face befor she heard it and ran to the basement, it seems to only have a hard time starting when it has not ran but when it has it acts ok. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Chuck
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.