Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjwdoyle  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 3:13:12 PM(UTC)
cjwdoyle

Groups: Registered

I hope I haven't posted this question on this site. If I have please forgive me (I am old). I did try and search to see if I had and didn't find anything. Now with that all said the problem is

I have a Kenmore washer that squeels and squeeks during the aggitation and only then. Any suggestions? I sure need them. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 6:55:50 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your agitator paws may have stripped out in the upper section of the agitator, just check the upper section, it's supposed to only move one direction, if not, just order the paws and replace.
cjwdoyle  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:04:17 AM(UTC)
cjwdoyle

That issue came up this past summer and we replaced those items. This noise seems to happen more when the washer is very full and especially on heavy duty cycle.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:38:05 AM(UTC)
richappy

I would pull agitator and check for something stuck under it, and check condition of agitator paws.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:40:38 AM(UTC)
richappy

I would pull agitator and check for something stuck under it, and check condition of agitator paws.Also, there is a plastic thrust washer that may have been left out.
cjwdoyle  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 5:21:08 PM(UTC)
cjwdoyle

We took the washer apart. Found a lot of black residue underneath. The coupling was shot to pieces. The black part broken in three pieces and the white plastic in 2 or three pieces. I really don't know how it was working at all. My husband bought a coupling kit (I think I am correct there) anyway total cost was $16.63 and all is well in my world now. We had to have this same repair done 2 or 3 years ago and paid $164.00 to the repairman. He said problem was caused by overloading and I have a tendancy to do that so he is probably right. I will be more careful in the future.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply