Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vvesp  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 5:38:40 PM(UTC)
vvesp

Groups: Registered

Ok, here's mine..

Machine stopped working mid-cycle. Wouldn't drain, spin nothing but a hum and a odor of over heating electrical components (motor windings I think). Anyway, took the motor off of the transmission and found that the clutch (I think) will not turn clockwise. Also found that when I energized the motor, it will hum until I give the spindle a spin with my fingers but then I can physically stop it with my fingers as well. Motor shot? If so, could a transmission or clutch failure cause the motor to poop? Any help or advise will be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:39:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, sounds like your transmission or the brake assembly (I think that is what you were turning, not the clutch) became bound up and jammed the motor. It is also possible the clutch cam did not release the brake. The motor has an overload feature which prevents it from overheating and failing when it cannot run, but that does not seemed to have worked with your machine.

This is the type of diagnosis where it really helps to be there, but that is not possible. Based on what you have said it sounds like you would need to replace both the motor and transmission or brake assembly and/or clutch in which case I think what you would need to replace is the washer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply