Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
darren412  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:13:20 PM(UTC)
darren412

Groups: Registered

is the front outer tub worth replacing only ? The front outer tub has been scored and pieces have been broken from its edges. Is there a good chance that the front outer hub only needs to be replaced ?? or was it a bad bearing in the rear outer tub that caused the damage to the front outer tub ?? I am trying to avoid replacing the rear outer tub or the basket but the damage to the front outer tubs edges seem to be pointing to a bad bearing problem or a basket problem. Do you think that overloading the washer might have been what caused the front outer hubs edges to break and that relacing just the front outer hub and not over loading machine will fix the problem ?? any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 4:25:07 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This is not one of Whirlpool's best, and I would say replacing it is the best move you can make. Not only can independent repair folks like myself can't fix these, Whirlpool techs can't fix them.

If you don't need a front loader, get a basic top loader, particularly one with no electronics in it.

Good luck.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:15:13 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree with sidfink, this repair is costly in time and money. If you spin the spin basket by hand and you can feal and hear bearing noise, the rear shell has to be replaced, or new bearings and a seal installed. Just check out the cost in parts alone will be the deciding factor.
darren412  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:43:07 PM(UTC)
darren412

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
This is not one of Whirlpool's best, and I would say replacing it is the best move you can make. Not only can independent repair folks like myself can't fix these, Whirlpool techs can't fix them.

If you don't need a front loader, get a basic top loader, particularly one with no electronics in it.

Good luck.

thanks for the advice its well taken I appreciate the help very much
darren412  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:48:56 PM(UTC)
darren412

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I agree with sidfink, this repair is costly in time and money. If you spin the spin basket by hand and you can feal and hear bearing noise, the rear shell has to be replaced, or new bearings and a seal installed. Just check out the cost in parts alone will be the deciding factor.

Thank you for the good advice its amazing how we can send a man to the moon but we allow the appliance corporations to continuously screw us consumers. Its really great to be able to go to a forum such as this and find help like this. Thankyou everyone for your concerned efforts in helping out us regular people. KUDO'S to you all
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply