Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kim18  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:44:15 PM(UTC)
kim18

Groups: Registered

Machine won't start. Checked power/breakers all is fine there. When I pull out the timer, only in a few cycles, the timer is loud and won't rotate, just makes loud noise. I tried in all positions and nothing except the loud timer noise which stops after a few minutes. Is the timer fried?

Thank you for any help.. :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 3:33:00 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It sounds like that is the problem, go ahead and change it out and see if that fixes things.

If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.
kim18  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:35:34 AM(UTC)
kim18

I replaced the timer, no difference. The unit is dead. I checked that power/water is going to the machine and checked continuity on the door switch. Could anyone think what else I can check before scrapping this unit?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:48:13 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the machine will fill and then will not start, take off the cabinet and check the pump for something caught in it.

If it will not fill, move the timer to spin and close the lid and see if it will spin.

Let us know the results.
kim18  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:50:56 AM(UTC)
kim18

Thanks for your message. Won't spin or fill. Tied all timer setting, no response with new timer installed. Almost seems like there is no power to the unit, but there is power going to it? What else can I try?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:21:47 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well this is unusual, not sure what is going on. It is possible that the water level pressure switch is messing up the timer. Take off the tube that goes to it at the tub connection and blow into it and see if you can hear the switch 'click'. Also check the wiring from the water level switch to the timer and the wiring from the plug to the timer. Finally check the lid switch.

If all that fails and the machine will not start or spin on any cycle then I am kinda lost for any more advice.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply