Discuss

front load washer lights are on but will not start

in

Washer Repair

. "

My front load washer lights will come on, but will not start. The issue was the door latch that the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » front load washer lights are on but will not start

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 PM

richarddwalljr is on a distinguished road
Default front load washer lights are on but will not start
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My front load washer lights will come on, but will not start. The issue was the door latch that the door clamps onto when you close the door, has a little button that is supposed to be pushed in when the door is shut to tell the machine "I'm closed". My button broke off. I had to replace the inside door latch so the machine would see that the door is closed and latched and allow it to start washing.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

We are glad you were able to diagnose and fix the problem. Good job!

Thank you for sharing with us your diagnosis and repair.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.