Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jasonkeg  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:28:38 AM(UTC)
jasonkeg

Groups: Registered

my washer (80series) only accepts cold water when i turn the hose connection on and off. every cycle cold comes on i have to flip the switch...the hot water has no issues. what part do i need to replace, i was told a pump of some sort but i can't locate a part... thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:29:53 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: jasonkeg Go to Quoted Post
my washer (80series) only accepts cold water when i turn the hose connection on and off. every cycle cold comes on i have to flip the switch...the hot water has no issues. what part do i need to replace, i was told a pump of some sort but i can't locate a part... thank you

Not sure I completely understand, but I think you're saying the cold water continuously comes in unless the faucet is turned off, is that correct? If so you'll need a water valve. That's the part on the back of the machine that the inlet hoses attach to.

Part number: AP3094541
jasonkeg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:54:13 AM(UTC)
jasonkeg

the cold water will not run during cycles unless i turn the water switch off and on, on the wall where hoses are attached. otherwise i hear a hissing sound as if machine is trying to access water. if i go behind the machine and switch the connection off and then on the cold water will run just fine.
Frank / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:05:19 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: jasonkeg Go to Quoted Post
the cold water will not run during cycles unless i turn the water switch off and on, on the wall where hoses are attached. otherwise i hear a hissing sound as if machine is trying to access water. if i go behind the machine and switch the connection off and then on the cold water will run just fine.

The hissing sound you're hearing, I'm going to assume is the washers water valve humming/calling, for water.

If you have to turn your faucet/lever on and off to get the cold water to flow, it sounds as though you've got a plumbing problem.

Just to make sure there isn't any blockage between the faucet and the washer, you may want to turn the lever off and check the end of the cold water hose. There should be a filter screen in the end where it attaches to the house. Make sure the filter is clean.

Where the other end attaches to the washer, which is the water valve you have a picture of, there is a screen in the valve. Make sure it is also clean.
Bill L  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:20:00 PM(UTC)
Bill L

Here's my Problem

1. Starting a new load - Temperature is set for Hot/Cold
2. The washing machine will load the hot water just fine and washing begins.
3. After the Hot water has emptied for the wash, the cold water will start to come out. Here's the problem, the cold water is being dispensed as a trickle and takes a very long time to fill the tub.

If the temp is set for cold/cold, the cold water is dispensed as a trickle for both the wash and rinse cycle.

Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply