Discuss

Whirlpool duet HT

in

Washer Repair

. "

Greetings, My washer has decided to leak a little bit. This started last weekend and it leaks on the front,

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Whirlpool duet HT

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM

brasilmom1 is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool duet HT
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Greetings,
My washer has decided to leak a little bit. This started last weekend and it leaks on the front, sort of. I first thought it was coming from the door, but further inspection proved me wrong. The water is coming from somewhere on the lower portion of the front. I will try to remove the front panel today, but thought would ask here if this is the end of my machine. I sure hope not.
Thanks. Be well
Miriam

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Expert

Gary/APP Team is on a distinguished road

Hello. The first thing to check is on the glass part of the door , is it clean ? clean it with windex or some other type cleaner , as long as you are sure it is clean , you can also run this thru the unit, Part number: AP4320055

Part number: AP4320055

to help, next option would be the door boot bellow, be sure to include the correct model number of your unit in your next post it can be found inside the door usually on the left hand side thank you and good luck !
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 PM

brasilmom1 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Gary for your reply. The glass is clean as I clean it regularly. I think that the door boot may be the issue here. I will check it tonight. Perhaps I will try to find some of the cleaner as well. The model is GHW9400PW4.
Once I check the door boot I will report back.

Thanks again. Be well

Miriam
Old 03-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Expert

Gary/APP Team is on a distinguished road

Hello . Thank you the reason I ask you to check the glass is there is one spot right in the center of the bottom of the glass where I have seen it many times just a small amount of hair cause one to leak, any way here is the part # for the boot Part number: AP3597347

Part number: AP3597347
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.