Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smithsan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:33:00 AM(UTC)
smithsan

Groups: Registered

I was having the LF on my Whirlpool Duet front load washer - YOUR RESPONSE: "Hello Sandy. LF is for long fill. Check and see if the cold and hot water flows good into the unit, and make sure the drain hose is not siphoning the water out into the drain pipe. Only about 6" of drain hose should be inside the pipe. If all is good, and the machine fills with water properly and does not overfill, then the flow switch AP4310720 is the most likely cause. These are not hard to replace. Just remove the top of the washer and you will see it inline with the water valve. Release the clamps and install the new switch. Make sure the large round part is facing down toward the floor and is not sideways. Hope this helps."

First thanks for all of your help, I did order this part without really checking to make sure it was the right one, it doesn't work with my WhirlPool Duet model. I ordered the following using my model number and these were the correct parts:
AP4340286 (W10163980) AP4482373 (W10212596) 1 $25.29
AP4482374 (W10212598)
Changed all three last night and I am still getting LF :eek:!! Should I just trash this washer? I don't know what else we could change?I haven't had a load without LF since June of last year....It did run one complete load without stopping or overfilling after I changed these parts, but the next one was an LF..... I really don't want to call a repair guy, but it's not looking good, have spent $100 on parts that didn't fix it and the guy wants $100 to come out, plus parts...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:39:23 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.
Please provide the model number, we'll give it another shot.
Do you know that you can return all unused parts even installed ones?

Than you.
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:59:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Smithsan,
Like Simon said, a model number would be a great help, and you can return the parts if they didn't solve the issue. A couple of other things to check, Disconnect the air tube from the water level switch, and blow in it to make sure there are no kinks, clogs or debris in the hose, or replace it. Remove the lower access panel, and remove the drain pump and check and clear any debris inside it , the hoses that attach to it and the filter.
Check and make sure there are no loose connections at the water level switch and the CCU(main control board). any one of these issues could also cause an "LF" code, as long as you have plenty of water supplied to the washer.

:) :) :)
smithsan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:01:13 PM(UTC)
smithsan

Hi Joe, we've tried everything you've suggested, still getting the LF and I also want to mention that it gets pretty full of water before it stops. Here is my model #Wfw9250ww00. Hope this helps, we are really stumped...
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:57:35 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.
By the time you will finish this project, you may qualify to be a Whirlpool tech.
By logical illumination the bad part is the CCU (central control unit). It's registering data from the water level switch.

The CCU Part number: AP4511769
Part number: AP4511769

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool WFW9250WW00 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck. Post the results.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:33:19 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Smithsan,
If you did the previous checks properly, and the air tube from the water level switch is not clogged or has a crack or "pin hole" in it. You'll need to go with the CCU, Like Simon suggested.

Thanks and Good Luck
smithsan  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:48:58 PM(UTC)
smithsan

Sorry guys but I swapped out the ccu and still get the LF!! Can there be anything else? Frustrated!!
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 5:33:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: smithsan Go to Quoted Post
Sorry guys but I swapped out the ccu and still get the LF!! Can there be anything else? Frustrated!!

Smithsan,
Theres not a lot left. You have new valves, water level switch, and CCU. You've removed and checked the water level air tuibe,pump, and connections.
There should be, only the wire harness left,

Part number: AP4482423
Part number: AP4482423

but that is only a remote possibility. Under the circumstances, you may want to consider it, but it's just an educated guess.

Thanks and Good Luck,
LDS Dale  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:26:53 PM(UTC)
LDS Dale

Hello, i finally figured out what the issue was. The LF code means that it is taking over 10 minutes to fill with water. The cold water was barely turned on and it wasnt supplying the washer with enough water. I turned open the cold water and we have been washing clothes all night without any LF errors for the first time. Hope this helps.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 6:18:17 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: LDS Dale Go to Quoted Post
Hello, i finally figured out what the issue was. The LF code means that it is taking over 10 minutes to fill with water. The cold water was barely turned on and it wasnt supplying the washer with enough water. I turned open the cold water and we have been washing clothes all night without any LF errors for the first time. Hope this helps.

LDS Dale, Great !!! Glad it was something that simple. Thanks for the Update Information.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply