Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
theshark  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:25:55 PM(UTC)
theshark

Groups: Registered

i oosted that the light wil not work on my electrolux washer and now the washer is totally dead i opened up the top of the washer and checked elctric all the way to the circuit board and out to the doo mechanism and it has power going to it but none of the front led or fuctions work on the washer and there is no display the washer just stopped with 5 min left to go in the wash and my clothes are in there cannot open the door i looked inside to see if there was a latch to open and there is none is there any way to bypass the main circuit board i have a repair person coming out wednesday but i think my clothes will be ruined any help

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:06:34 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Since you did not post a model number I am going to make some guesses.

First, I suggest that you take off the bottom panel (assuming there is a bottom panel).

Inside you should find a tech sheet that should tell you how to open the door. If it does not, try reaching up through the bottom pannel on the door lock side and see if you do not feel an oval shaped tab hanging down. Pull gently on this and it should open the door.

If all this fails, post the model number and let's see what we can find out.

If you have power going to the control unit you will probably have to replace the control unit, so be prepared for an expensive service call. To avoid that try to see if there is any loose wiring or loose connections. Also, the tech sheet may have some ways to trouble shoot this.

Good luck.
theshark  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:11:48 PM(UTC)
theshark

here is the model number cant open the bottom its on a pedestal,
i also checked all the wiring this unit is 3 months old and is under warranty my main concern is to get the door open to get the clothes out

model# ewflw65hss0

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Since you did not post a model number I am going to make some guesses.

First, I suggest that you take off the bottom panel (assuming there is a bottom panel).

Inside you should find a tech sheet that should tell you how to open the door. If it does not, try reaching up through the bottom pannel on the door lock side and see if you do not feel an oval shaped tab hanging down. Pull gently on this and it should open the door.

If all this fails, post the model number and let's see what we can find out.

If you have power going to the control unit you will probably have to replace the control unit, so be prepared for an expensive service call. To avoid that try to see if there is any loose wiring or loose connections. Also, the tech sheet may have some ways to trouble shoot this.

Good luck.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:16:14 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, I am glad its under warranty, and I understand your desire to get your clothes out. Given that this is a high end machine you must be somewhat upset (and deservedly so) at this problem.

I have looked at the diagrams and it appears this is a new design, so I cannot tell you how to get into it to release the door. There does not appear to be a front service panel, so it would have to be done from the top, but I cannot advise you how. We are pretty good on old machines, but new ones are not our forte, because we have not had a chance to work on them yet.

My only suggestion at this time is for you to contact Frigidaire (Electrolux). Here is a link to their web site.

http://www.frigidaire.com/customersupport.aspx

Good luck
theshark  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:47:49 AM(UTC)
theshark

the service guy cam out yesterday and the main circuit boars was shot there was 2 wires loose for the light inside the washer and he noticed that the main circuit board that sits on hinges was broken off and laying on the outer part of the drum and this is why the wires broke off and the board fried out he had to actually break the lock for the door to get it opened so all in all he ordered a new board new light relay a new door switch and for the hell of it he ordered a new front panel lcd display since he was not able to check it because no power from the board was getting there. i have had this washer and dryer for 4 months and i can only guess that the casing the board sat in the hinges must have broken during delivery sure glad there is a warranty

thanks

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Well, I am glad its under warranty, and I understand your desire to get your clothes out. Given that this is a high end machine you must be somewhat upset (and deservedly so) at this problem.

I have looked at the diagrams and it appears this is a new design, so I cannot tell you how to get into it to release the door. There does not appear to be a front service panel, so it would have to be done from the top, but I cannot advise you how. We are pretty good on old machines, but new ones are not our forte, because we have not had a chance to work on them yet.

My only suggestion at this time is for you to contact Frigidaire (Electrolux). Here is a link to their web site.

http://www.frigidaire.com/customersupport.aspx

Good luck
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:13:37 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, sorry this happened, glad you got good service and if it's any consolation that repair cost more than the original price of the machine, so fortunately you did not have to pay it.

Thanks for updating us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply