Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
srbakall  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:00:14 PM(UTC)
srbakall

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite 22056 100 ser# CL 2201789 sensor smart 3 speed washer that is " non responsive intermittantly. The touchpad does not respond so machine does not work. After pushing all buttons in random to get it to work it may light up. Then it works. When I have it working I ran the diagnostics as per tech sheet. Tests check out ok. Did not do the pin check - p3, p4 yet. Should I? Once after it came back to life I opened the lid to check but it went out again so I checked the lid switch with a VOM and found continuity when pressed. Could this be a electostatic discharge problem? I thought at first the touchpad died. Thanks - Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 6:00:35 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Bob

An intermittent problem in a machine with microprocessors and electronic controls is almost impossible to diagnose, as you have discovered.

About the only way to solve the problem is to replace the control panel and/or the microprocessor board, both of which are exensive, and even this may not fix it if the problem is in the wiring.

If you try to repair this yourself you will spend a lot, with no guarantee of a fix, and if you call a service tech you will end up paying more than the machine is worth.

In summary, the economic decision here is to move on, and use the money you would have sunk into a repair to purchase a nice, new top loading no-fills machine (with no computer controls!!). It will get your clothes just as clean (your machine has nice bells and whistles but deep down it is just a Whirlpool direct drive washer), give you years of trouble free operations and be easy and inexpensive to fix.

Good luck, sorry not to have better news.
JSE  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:34:51 AM(UTC)
JSE

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: srbakall Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore Elite 22056 100 ser# CL 2201789 sensor smart 3 speed washer that is " non responsive intermittantly. The touchpad does not respond so machine does not work. After pushing all buttons in random to get it to work it may light up. Then it works. When I have it working I ran the diagnostics as per tech sheet. Tests check out ok. Did not do the pin check - p3, p4 yet. Should I? Once after it came back to life I opened the lid to check but it went out again so I checked the lid switch with a VOM and found continuity when pressed. Could this be a electostatic discharge problem? I thought at first the touchpad died. Thanks - Bob

I have the exact same problem. I did, however, check the touchpad resistances as per Test #5, and found several non-responsive switches. I almost ordered a new control panel, but decided to look for advice first. Thanks much for your help!-JSE
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply