Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
socialkristy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:43:43 PM(UTC)
socialkristy

Groups: Registered

My washing machine - WSM2700HAWWW (part of washer/dryer stackable unit) will not agitate during the wash cycle. It fills with water and it drains/spins water fine, but it doesn't clean the clothes because the clothes are not moving anywhere. The agitator just barely moves. I have read somewhere about replacing the coupler, but my model does not have a coupler, it has a belt. Should I replace the belt or another part? Thanks for you help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:00:20 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This is a Frigidaire made machine that is sold under the GE label. Usually when this happens there is something wrong with the transmission. You can test that theory by taking the front panel off and observing what happens when it is trying to agitate. If the motor will turn but the transmission pulley will not, or if both the motor and transmission turn but it will not agitate the problem is likely the transmission.

You should also remove the agitator and check to make sure it is not broken and that is the reason it will not turn.
socialkristy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:48:21 PM(UTC)
socialkristy

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your reply. We fixed the problem - which was a broken drive block. $24 part seems to be putting our machine back in great running condition. We figured this out by noticing that the agitator cap was spinning as expected during the agitator cycle; however, the agitator itself was totally loose (I could spin it around in my hand easily). I noticed in my research that people said to look at replacing the coupler, but I was told my machine does not have a coupler... well it does... at least it serves the same function but goes by a different name - drive block. Now, to start catching up on laundry.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:31:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, glad you it fixed and thanks for the update, it is very helpful.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply