Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
apathome  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:07:06 PM(UTC)
apathome

Groups: Registered

This is a washer that stared to leak during the final 14 minutes of the wash. Regardless of the cycle (Normal/Heavy duty or Light load).

It operates well for the first 30 mins or so. During the rinse cycle at 14 mins to completion I notice the tub keeps filling way about the normal cycle running mark. I measured the extra height and it is about 1.5'' more. The it starts to spill water from nearly bottom of the tub where a black plate is visible. I tried changing the FSB switch and it did not solve the problem.

Please help, or is this a dead machine.

Arvind
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Markram  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:33:08 PM(UTC)
Markram

Originally Posted by: apathome Go to Quoted Post
This is a washer that stared to leak during the final 14 minutes of the wash. Regardless of the cycle (Normal/Heavy duty or Light load).

It operates well for the first 30 mins or so. During the rinse cycle at 14 mins to completion I notice the tub keeps filling way about the normal cycle running mark. I measured the extra height and it is about 1.5'' more. The it starts to spill water from nearly bottom of the tub where a black plate is visible. I tried changing the FSB switch and it did not solve the problem.

Please help, or is this a dead machine.

Arvind

I might be able to help with more information such as where is water leaking from? You mentioned from tub where a black plate is visible. Is the unit leaking from the very bottom of tub? Is it leaking from back? Is it dripping from top lip?

If the water level is high during rinse, I would check the water level - pressure switch, and also check the hose from switch to tub to see if it is leaking... also check pump to see if there is an obstruction in it.

Other than that... not enough info for me to give much more advice than that... someone else might.

good luck
apathome  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:41:52 AM(UTC)
apathome

In response to you questions

The water is leaking from the bottom not the top of the tub lip. I am not sure what you meant very bottom. I opened the top of the lid assembly and took a look using a flash light I can see water squirting at the black plate. I can not see the leak from the back plate. So it is def not the very bottom of the tub.
Yes it from the back not the front side of the tub.

I checked the pump it has no obstruction - and when it dispenses the water it is pretty powerful flow.

I replaced the water pressure switch part number AP5271014 and it made no difference. I looked at the tube it looks fine. However I will replace that and see if it helps.

Now here is what I see it does.
Starts to wash for the first 30 mins if it is normal cycle or 8 mins fir a quick wash cycle.
Then it in the rinse mode around 15 mins it statrs to fill again - however it did not dispense the already water filled in the tub. In the previous cycle it had already filled and stopped filling. So this time since it did not dispense the water it keeps filling for another 1.5'' more for a specific time, not sure maybe 1 min. and then stops filling and then over flow occurs.

So is it missing a dispense cycle or it should not fill once again? I have a work around for this - when it starts to over fill I stop the cycle use my shop vac to suck the water from the drain hose ( painful job - have to wait and watch it fill past the normal fill level ) to a level when it looks empty and continue the cycle again. Now it fills again till it the normal level and stops filling. Rest it works normally.

I also tried this when it starts to overfill I disconnected the power and the water flowing from the inlet valve stopped.

Hope this helps.
Thank for all your help, hope fully I can resolve this problem.
Arvind
Markram  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:31:06 AM(UTC)
Markram

You mentioned having to use your shop vac to get the water out. Is your pump pumping out water at all?

If your unit is the model you wrote down, the pump is mechanical and should pump out water if the motor is working and there are no obstructions.

As for the leak... it could be a hose with a hole in it, or not connected properly. You will have to look beneath the plate and see exactly where it is leaking from. Stop unit when it is leaking, unplug and then start investigating. There is no straightforward answer with a leak until one starts investigating. I have seen many leaks from many different sources.

Could be a loose clamp, hose with a hole, could be a water inlet valve issue. You need to investigate more.

As for the extra water coming in... if water pressure switch is functioning correctly, then it could be a valve issue, or a control issue. Maybe the rinse funtion on control is malfunctioning.
apathome  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:43:54 AM(UTC)
apathome

Where is the rinse function on the control? How can I test it.

All the hose seem to be good.
The clamps are pretty secure
The pump is pumping out water in all other functions of wash.

Do you have a contact # who can work on my machine in East Brunswick NJ.

Thanks
Arvind.
Markram  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:56:27 PM(UTC)
Markram

With leaks, one cannot diagnose easily without being there. If you cannot pinpoint where leak is coming from, then it would all be guessing on my end. It is not a common issue that I run into during my daily work. I usually work on 6 to 10 appliances a day... from ranges, microwaves, compactors, washer and dryers. But I am nowhere near you.

I don't have a contact in NJ.

If you want your washer worked on there, I am certain there are plenty of repair services in your area that you can find in the phone book.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply