Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anna-Marie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:11:03 AM(UTC)
Anna-Marie

Groups: Registered

Cannot replace the washer, just put in new parts (straps, spin ring and hose) and it worked for a couple of cycles. Then it stopped agitating and spinning. I took out the clothes and saw nothing stuck. the motor is clean, cannot figure out what it is. At first it would make some clicking noises, now it only makes noises like it is draining. Agitator drive bell does not move. How do I know if it is this part or the clutch and brake? Does it have cogs? Please help. thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Markram  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:55:49 PM(UTC)
Markram

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Anna-Marie Go to Quoted Post
Cannot replace the washer, just put in new parts (straps, spin ring and hose) and it worked for a couple of cycles. Then it stopped agitating and spinning. I took out the clothes and saw nothing stuck. the motor is clean, cannot figure out what it is. At first it would make some clicking noises, now it only makes noises like it is draining. Agitator drive bell does not move. How do I know if it is this part or the clutch and brake? Does it have cogs? Please help. thank you.

You can remove the belt and individually try to rotate each component. Try to spin the motor... it should spin freely with no noise. Spin the transmission pulley and see it it will spin. One direction will agitate and the other will spin... see if it will go in either direction. if it will not spin, then you transmission brake assembly has most likely failed. It is one whole unit. I am not certain if they sell a rebuild kit for it, and if they did it would most likely be pretty difficult to rebuild.

If the pulley spins in both directions then check the motor by leaving off the belt and putting it into an agitate cycle and see if motor spins, and then a spin cycle to see if motor spins. If the motor makes noise or spins poorly, or does not spin then it is most likely your motor.

I think they sell both parts on this site....

good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply