Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andeanfx  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:09:46 AM(UTC)
andeanfx

Groups: Registered

Hello again, The above washer overflowed last evening. This is the first time we have had any trouble with that aspect. We have very hard water and not very long ago the float in the toilet stuck due to mineral build up so am expecting the same cause. From the diagrams it looks like the pressure bulb is the only part that would cause this that has direct contact with the water. Is this the most likely cause and if so can the bulb be removed and the mineral dissolved and if this is not the most likely casuse what do you think is? Thanks Dean
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

andeanfx  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:39:39 PM(UTC)
andeanfx

I have been trying to get the top to flip up like the pictures show and it won't budge. The rear corners look to have the hinge and using a mirror I can kind of see the front clips but it won't budge even with a pretty heavy hammer and block of wood. Ideas????? Dean
sidfink43  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 12:55:26 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You need to determine if the problem is stuck valves or in the water pressure system. If the water stops when you stop the washer, it is in the water pressure system. If not it is in the valves which will have to be replaced. To get them you will need to open the machine up.

With respect to the top, there should be two screws which hold the front panel on. Take them out and lift out the front panel. You will then find that there are two screws which hold the top panel to the frame. Remove them and then you can flip up the top.

If it is not the valves, take the back cover off the console and you should see a plastic tube going from the pressure switch to the tub. Take it off and blow on it to remove any debris and try the washer to see if it clears things out. If that does not fix it, try replacing the water pressure switch.
andeanfx  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:04:16 PM(UTC)
andeanfx

Thanks Sid, I got it open and apart, cleaned the screens, etc. and tried it. Pretty much the same, sometimes it shuts off but when it decides not to, pulling the wall plug won't even stop it. Come payday will order a new valve assembly. Dean
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:34:07 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

That should fix you up, the fact that it happens occasionally makes it sound like the valves are sometimes sticking open, so replacing it should take care of the problem.
andeanfx  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:58:26 PM(UTC)
andeanfx

Sid, I am a bit embarrased as well as puzzled. I originally stated the machine overflowed but upon reflection realize it was not full enough to overflow. The water was not shutting off but the level was a good ten inches below the top of the drum. We needed to do some laundry so i put the valve back in so we could control it manually and limp through but we have done 3 loads without missing a beat. I set it for max water level and it filled to that point and shut off with nothing on the floor. I have not looked at the back of the drum for leaks but the full water level is considerably higher than when we were getting water on the floor so I am puzzled as to where it was coming from. Any ideas? Dean
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:21:48 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well I am pretty mystified also. The only thing I can think is that the plastic air pressure tube was loose and leaking and now it is on tight and the pressure switch is working as it should.

Keep operating the machine with the front panel off and watch it fill until you are certain it is operating correctly.

Sometimes fate just intervenes and fixes things for good people. Did you do something nice recently to deserve this?
andeanfx  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:03:25 PM(UTC)
andeanfx

AW shucks, I was about to tell you how nice I had been and it acted up. On about the 6th load I THNK it continued to fill on the wash for a couple seconds after it started agitation then on the rinse it actually overflowed the top (at this point I think it must have done so originally as well).

In a nut shell:
On rinse it started to agitate but continued to fill to overflowing.
It contuned to fill after I pulled the 120 plug.
It seems like there was one other item that seemed of diagnostic value but I likely won't remember it until I send this so here it comes.

Thanks
sidfink43  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:08:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok Dean

Back to the original plan. Get that valve assembly. Yours is not behaving nicely.
andeanfx  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:14:56 PM(UTC)
andeanfx

Thas what I thought but my Damaged Brain Cell (DBC) likes confirmation from those more knowledgable than I. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply