Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
partymonster  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:37:11 PM(UTC)
partymonster

Groups: Registered

Machine runs fine empty. Under moderate load, does not spin. If I pull out the wet clothes and run the spin cycle it seems fine. I can then add the wet clothes a bit at a time, and the spin cycle will complete. Clutch? I have replaced the coupler, which did not help.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 3:56:05 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I would replace the clutch as it is likely your problem. On the way to do it you can inspect the drive block, and if it is ok go ahead and put in the new clutch assembly.

Good luck.
partymonster  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 5:03:52 AM(UTC)
partymonster

I will do as you suggest. Thank you very much.
partymonster  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:01:52 AM(UTC)
partymonster

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I would replace the clutch as it is likely your problem. On the way to do it you can inspect the drive block, and if it is ok go ahead and put in the new clutch assembly.

Good luck.

Clutch solved the spin problem. Thank you.
Here's another. It wants to overfill now. When I was re-assembling, a gold colored pin seemed to fall out of something, but I wasn't sure if it was part of the machine. I guess it was. It has a hole in the end, I guess for a cotter type pin...
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:17:51 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

That holds the suspension parts in place. There should be a plastic cover over it. Look under the machine and you will see another one just like it, so line up this one and see if you can fit it back it.

If you cannot try the machine without it, you might be ok.

Good luck.
partymonster  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:37:11 AM(UTC)
partymonster

That holds the suspension parts in place. There should be a plastic cover over it. Look under the machine and you will see another one just like it, so line up this one and see if you can fit it back it.

If you cannot try the machine without it, you might be ok.

Good luck.

Thanks. Probably why I'm getting a metal on metal sound when it spins as the suspension is not balanced. I will fix that. What could I have done to cause the washer to over fill? Just wants to keep filling no matter what level I have it set at!
sidfink43  
#7 Posted: : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:54:19 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

You problably knocked the plastic tube from the water pressure switch to the tub off. Check to see that it is connected at both the switch and tub ends.

If not and the problem continues, see if the water stops entering when you stop the machine. If not, replace the valves, if it does and the plastic tube is ok the water level pressure switch is not working.

Good luck, I am betting fixing the tub will fix it.
partymonster  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:03:37 PM(UTC)
partymonster

That thought came to me as I was floating in my pool trying to get the sweat off me from first 2 hours of washer fun! Probably would have helped if I had put the spanner nut back on too. Sheesh.
partymonster  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:29:10 PM(UTC)
partymonster

You problably knocked the plastic tube from the water pressure switch to the tub off. Check to see that it is connected at both the switch and tub ends.

If not and the problem continues, see if the water stops entering when you stop the machine. If not, replace the valves, if it does and the plastic tube is ok the water level pressure switch is not working.

Good luck, I am betting fixing the tub will fix it.

That took care of it. Thanks so much for all your help. After taking the whole thing apart and cleaning it, I will never use the automatic softener dispenser again. UGH!
sidfink43  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:32:55 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Yeah, the general rule is if you have parts left over that is not a good thing.

Well, it has been hard but think of all you have learned. Brag to your friends, (but not the ones who will expect you to fix their machines)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply