Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeffsji  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 9:45:36 AM(UTC)
jeffsji

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a General Electric top load Washer and the belt basically exploded into 20 feet of stringy, sticky (black nasty tarlike crud) cable type stuff so I got a new one and installed it. To make sure it worked before I put it back together I put it to the spin cycle and it goes for about 5 seconds and kicks off like it is done washing. It repeats this process every minute or so until it goes through the allotted "time" of the spinning whether it is trying to pump or spin...

The troubleshooting things I have tried so far...

--Removed water from drum and hand cranked backwards fine with no grabbing or uneven type grabbing. hand cranking forward was easy for a couple of turns then it got about 3X harder after that.

--Pulled all lines off of pump just to make sure nothing jammed it up and it is fine and all hoses are clear. --Was told by washer repairman to disconnect the pump to see if that did it. No luck...

--Also told by washer repairman (who was stumped) to the take washers top off and feel around between drum's to see if any clothing got stuck down there. No luck (just scraped arms).

--It won't get enough speed for the pump to pick up any water (goes just about to full spin speed and stops).

--Does the same thing with or without the pump connected.

--Will fill then agitate - won't empty or spin..

Is there some sort of electrical relay that could have toasted when the belt broke and pretty much wrapped around the pulley?

I'm dying here.. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciative.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.