Discuss

Washer Leaking while machine is turned off

in

Washer Repair

. "

New stainless hoses and new valve. Had to turn water off from valve to get it to stop leaking. Maybe

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Washer Leaking while machine is turned off

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM

GloriaJean59 is on a distinguished road
Question Washer Leaking while machine is turned off
Brand: Maytag   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

New stainless hoses and new valve. Had to turn water off from valve to get it to stop leaking. Maybe hoses are not set right? Can the pump leak even if the washer is not running?? Just moved a month ago, did I break something?? It wasn't leaking before I moved it. I am reading so many posts, but nothing says machine leaks while not running. I know I have to take off the cover, just want to know which area I should be looking for, because this is not a huge leak. Model number is 11018202790.

Last edited by GloriaJean59 : 02-25-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Added model number
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Hi Gloria,

In order to pinpoint the water leak you have to remove the washer cabinet first and, maybe, run the washer.

You have to observe: the pump which can leak even if the washer is not running, all hoses, the outer tub and the central seal.

You can watch how to remove the cabinet on the video. Also I attached the instructions to the reply.

Post the results of your inspection.

Gene.
Attached Files
File Type: doc How to remove the washer cabinet.doc (20.5 KB, 3 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 AM

GloriaJean59 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Found leak - Yeah!!!!!!

Thanks Gene for your reply, cabinet opened up with screws under the side covers. Turned on the valve and in three minutes noticed some water on the inlet valve. Every other hose and pump all dry. My son called it a solenoid, but it was listed as an water Inlet valve. So it is ordered and I already looked at the video on how to replace it. Will take two minutes. Thanks for all your help, now I really know how my machine works. Another VERY HAPPY customer...
Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

You are welcome Gloria. Keep us posted on your repair.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.