Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gerry434  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:53:02 AM(UTC)
Gerry434

Groups: Registered

Our Maytag MAV6000AWW is not filling with the selected water temperature. I have to completely shut off the hot water valve in order to fill with cold and vice-versa. Otherwise, we get lukewarm water regardless of the setting. What repair needs to be made. Thank you for your assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 12:05:28 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Gerry

To diagnose this you will need to access the water valves, which you can do by releasing the clips that hold the top panel to the cabinet.

Here is the test.

1. Set the temperature selection to hot wash water

2. Disconnect the electrical wires to both the cold water and hot water solenois valves.

3. Start the machine. Use a meter to test voltage on the connectors coming from the console to the valves. You should have 120 volts to the hot water, 0 volts to the cold water.

You will probably have 120 v to both, in which case you will need to replace the inlet valves, a simple and inexpensive operation.
Gerry434  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:15:39 PM(UTC)
Gerry434

I replaced the water value as suggested but the problem remains. I checked the electric from the switch to the valve and this is what I found.
When selecting COLD COLD, I have power to the hot valve on the pump and not the cold. When selecting WARM-WARM, I have power to all areas. When I select HOT COLD, I have power just like the WARM-WARM setting.
Could this be a bad switch or a celenoid or a gounding problem?
Gerry434  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
Gerry434

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gerry

To diagnose this you will need to access the water valves, which you can do by releasing the clips that hold the top panel to the cabinet.

Here is the test.

1. Set the temperature selection to hot wash water

2. Disconnect the electrical wires to both the cold water and hot water solenois valves.

3. Start the machine. Use a meter to test voltage on the connectors coming from the console to the valves. You should have 120 volts to the hot water, 0 volts to the cold water.

You will probably have 120 v to both, in which case you will need to replace the inlet valves, a simple and inexpensive operation.

September 30, 2009:
Thank you for your input and I replaced the inlet valve as suggested. However, the problem remains. I checked the power and found the following. On COLD COLD setting, I have power to the hot and nothing to the cold. On WARM WARM, I have power to both hot and cold. On HOT COLD, I have power the same as the warm setting. Could there be a short, or is the switch bad or is there another selenoid somewhere?

Thank you.
Gerry
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:59:25 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

It is possible the water temp switch is bad, but power to the valves comes through the temp control board, so I think that is likely the problem.

Here is the part and for a board it is not very expensive.

Part number: AP4028021
Gerry434  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:03:11 PM(UTC)
Gerry434

The computer board solved the problem. Thank you for your help.
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:11:12 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, glad to hear it and thanks for updating us. Your info and success will be very useful to everyone on the Forum.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply