Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
APeter  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:44:40 AM(UTC)
APeter

Groups: Registered

We have had this front loading Whirlpool for about a year. We are not getting cold water fill. If we select a cold or warm, we will get a F8E1 error message. Unplugging has no effect. (I checked for clogs, flow, etc.) In response, I replaced the cold water inlet valve with no effect. I did not see a flow meter in the diagram for this model.

My wife informs me that the cold water can be intermittent (filling with a trickle), but usually ends in insufficient cold water for the load and/or an error message. One clue is that she notes the bleach section of the tray often is filled with water.

Additional note: I just tested the machine. It does a rinse just fine. It leads me to believe that whatever mechanism controls the cold water inlet is screwy (having replaced the entire valve mechanism).

Otherwise machine works fine, but washing clothing with hot water is making my shirts a big snug.

What other part on this model controls the intake of cold water?

Peter
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.