Discuss

Signature 2000

in

Washer Repair

. "

Just bought this washer used and have discovered that the water never stops running. I turned the water off at

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Signature 2000

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 PM

holden56 is on a distinguished road
Default Signature 2000
Brand: Norge   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Just bought this washer used and have discovered that the water never stops running. I turned the water off at the spigot which keeps it from running when not in use, but it never turns off even on the spin cycle, and therefore my clothes are still too wet at the end. I am afraid it will start pouring in at an even faster rate if it gets worse. I think it is pretty old. Also makes noise during spin. Is it worth trying to fix?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-27-2009, 06:32 PM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

The water valve is bad and they are normally not expensive but you will need the model number to order. Washer Repair Guide
Old 07-27-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applianceman View Post
The water valve is bad and they are normally not expensive but you will need the model number to order. Washer Repair Guide
I was able to find more information. The tag says:
Mfg. for Montgomery Ward
Model # FFT-6589-80
Serial # 91J60756
09/91

A friend told me that if the valve is off to one side it is not too hard to replace, but if it is by the motor it will require more. Is there a way to discover which it is? Maybe a diagram or schematic?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

I tried this site and a few more and couldnít find anything out for you. You will need to call a parts house such as this one and ask if they carry parts for this washer. As for where it is located on the washer I canít tell you because I canít look it up. If you have no luck finding anyone that carries parts for this washer remove the valve and take pictures of it and I will try to help you with a valve that may work as a replacement. I would hate to junk it just because the valve is bad as long as everything else works.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:08 PM

Thank you for your help. I will research and find out what I can.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.