Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LintFilterGuy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 5:08:31 PM(UTC)
LintFilterGuy

Groups: Registered

I just bought a used washer and dryer. They're installed and working, so I'm happy.

But I have one little worry. The washer hoses (rubber) are about 3 or 4 years old. I should probably have bought new ones when I installed the washer, but I didn't.

I live on the third floor of an apartment building, so a burst hose would be a mess not only for me, but for other people.

So, since I will only be using the washer once a week or so, it occurs to me that maybe I should should turn off the water supply (at the faucets behind the washer) and only turn them on when I'm using the washer. Just to be safe. I see that lots of people suggest you do that when you go on vacation.

On the other hand, the apartment isn't new, so I don't know how good of shape the plumbing is in. So maybe turning the faucets on and off would be more risky than leaving them on. Or maybe the increase and decrease in pressure would increase the wear on the hoses.

Any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.