Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kaclark7  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 5:03:39 PM(UTC)
kaclark7

Groups: Registered

Hi - I need help in determining what parts to order to solve this problem. The washer ran fine for two loads, then during the third load several things went wrong. Noticed a strong odor of rubber, and saw that the machine was spinning slowly but still had a lot of water in it and water was leaking on the floor from the edges of the cabinet. It was almost done with the cycle and shut off. I pulled the front panel and saw water dripping out of the tub where the transmission shaft enters. I siphoned about 6 gallons out (to the bottom of the inside tub) and the dripping stopped. I lowered the drain hose to dump the rest of the water and it drained fine. I looked under and the belts still looked ok and it seems like the pump turns ok when I turn the motor pully. The inside of the cabinet has some signs of oil splatter that flung off of the transmission.
I assume I need the tub seal and the bearing, and belts just to be sure. Why didn't the water pump out? Do I need a pump or is it something else? Can water leak into the transmission or is it still OK (it has never made any bad noises). Where can I get the instructions on how to replace the seal on the tub?
Thank you for your assistance - Kurtis
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

wapanstore  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:19:44 PM(UTC)
wapanstore

What could be causing my Maytag washer to leak water?

Laser pointer
applianceman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:27:12 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Originally Posted by: kaclark7 Go to Quoted Post
Hi - I need help in determining what parts to order to solve this problem. The washer ran fine for two loads, then during the third load several things went wrong. Noticed a strong odor of rubber, and saw that the machine was spinning slowly but still had a lot of water in it and water was leaking on the floor from the edges of the cabinet. It was almost done with the cycle and shut off. I pulled the front panel and saw water dripping out of the tub where the transmission shaft enters. I siphoned about 6 gallons out (to the bottom of the inside tub) and the dripping stopped. I lowered the drain hose to dump the rest of the water and it drained fine. I looked under and the belts still looked ok and it seems like the pump turns ok when I turn the motor pully. The inside of the cabinet has some signs of oil splatter that flung off of the transmission.
I assume I need the tub seal and the bearing, and belts just to be sure. Why didn't the water pump out? Do I need a pump or is it something else? Can water leak into the transmission or is it still OK (it has never made any bad noises). Where can I get the instructions on how to replace the seal on the tub?
Thank you for your assistance - Kurtis

This page should help
Maytag Tub Seal Replacement
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply