Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmartinintexas  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 7:21:51 AM(UTC)
kmartinintexas

Groups: Registered

Water contined to fill without shutting off - flooded utility room. Doesn't matter which size load you select. Any ideas.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Prof. Maneuver  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 3:12:05 PM(UTC)
Prof. Maneuver

Kmartin-

My guess would be this http://www.appliancepartspros.c...418&diagram_id=85069

This is what tells the electrical system to shut off the water valves. Could be the switch itself or a break in the tube that feeds it the pressure signal. No pressure signal from a breached tube means "I'm not full yet, keep filling".

Best of Luck to You,

Steve
applianceman  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 6:05:21 PM(UTC)
applianceman

If you cut the washer off and the water stops take Prof. Maneuver’s advice but if you cut off the washer and water continues to run replace the water inlet valve. Washer Repair Guide
Prof. Maneuver  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 8:02:41 PM(UTC)
Prof. Maneuver

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
If you cut the washer off and the water stops take Prof. Maneuver’s advice but if you cut off the washer and water continues to run replace the water inlet valve. Washer Repair Guide

Concurr. "Cut off" meaning remove electrical power, generally pull the plug out.

Steve
kmartinintexas  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:25:07 AM(UTC)
kmartinintexas

Originally Posted by: kmartinintexas Go to Quoted Post
Water contined to fill without shutting off - flooded utility room. Doesn't matter which size load you select. Any ideas.

Thanks everyone. My husband found that the pressure hose became disconnected. He reconnected & now it is working properly. Thanks again
DexAZ  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:11:06 AM(UTC)
DexAZ

I had the same issue with overfilling. I replaced the water level switch & tubing w/o improvement. Then I disconnected the clear tube at that switch tried blowing in it. No air movement AT ALL. Blowing harder I felt a slight give and then a little air movement. I looked at the "Air Dome" which is on the lower right rear of the tub. It appeared to be discolored on the inside by a build-up of soap scum, lint etc. As the air dome is fused onto the tub and non-removable, I tried cleaning it.
I borrowed a real small funnel (with wife's approval) using it with the old clear tubing. Poured some"CLR" lime scale and soap scum remover down into the air dome and waited 1/2 hour. Then slowly poured in a lot of hot water to flush it out. I repeated the application of CLR and hot water several times until the air dome was noticably clearer on the inside and there was no resistance when I blew into the tubing.
Rattached the new tubing, reassembled everything and tried it out. Water filled and SHUT OFF properly!!! Poured a few glugs of "CLR" into the water in the tub and ran a normal cycle to clean out any other built-up scum. Followed with a clear water load to rinse the machine throughly.
Will have to try to remember to run some "CLR" every few months and prevent future accumalation of soap scum/lint.
No air movement in the tubing means the water level switch is NOT getting the info it needs to determine when to shut off the water. So it just keeps on filling, the washer tub, the laundry floor, the hall, the entry etc.
Hope this helps someone else. And my thanks to all for the info I've gleaned from this forum in the past. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply