Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeffrepair  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2009 5:21:44 PM(UTC)
Jeffrepair

Groups: Registered

The washer stops during the start of the Regular cycle. If you push the button is starts again but most times shuts off again later. If you push the start button and manually turn the timer dial, you can get it to run and finish the cycle. It seems to act up only on the Regular cycle.
I'm guessing it's the timer motor. I have looked it over and was about to purchase the timer, part 22002452. It doesn't look too difficult, I would plan to install it myself.
Can you confirm the problem. Is it difficult to install?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 3:45:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Jeff

It is fairly rare that we can confirm a diagnosis in a Forum like this, the problem being we are not with you to observe the machine and that handicap means we can only give you our best estimate of what to fix.

The tradeoff in using a Forum like this is that you get to save a whole lot of money over a service tech visit, but you do not get the certainty that a service tech visit provides.

In this case, the problem is further complicated because there are at least three distinct possibilities for a solution to what you describe.

1. The timer (and timer motor) may well be the problem, in which case replacing it will fix it.

2. You also have a machine control board which is among other things controlling current to the timer. So a malfunctioning board will mimic a malfunctioning timer. This would be my best guess if I had to choose.

Here is the Service Manual which will give you some insight into how to check things and how the machine works.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16009127.pdf

3. Maytage has released a technical bulletin which describes a situation which may cause what you are observing. Here it is

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ary/docs/TCL-0015B-B.pdf

In summary, before you order any parts do as much analysis and diagnosis as you can, so that the probability of what you spend your money on fixing the machine is at its highest.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply