Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pamelaleeson  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:38:56 AM(UTC)
pamelaleeson

Groups: Registered

I ran it empty. Agitator hardly moves. but water moves around great like from the bottom up. It this normal? I can stop it with my hand for a second. With clothes in, it hardly moves. Once I put clothes in, it seams to move everything around slowly.I don't know if this is normal for the model?
I'd appreciate your help.
Pamelaleeson@yahoo.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RobSil  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 1:10:40 PM(UTC)
RobSil

I have the same problem. I read in a site I am trying to find again that the top portion of the agitator needs to be repaired. It is a kit with little cams called "dogs" that move the top part of the agitator. It seems to be easy to replace.
pamelaleeson  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 1:44:11 PM(UTC)
pamelaleeson

hope you do fine the info you are looking for again. And please - forward to me too.
It's strance though - with nothing but water in there it sure seems to be moving the water around. Mostly from bottom up to the top and back down, but the agitator does not go back and forth much. I thought maybe it was supposed to be like that. Of course, the directions say nothing about this,
RobSil  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2009 4:16:58 PM(UTC)
RobSil

Go to this site (partselectdotcom) and you'll see the problem and solution:
(iadded XXX at te beginning in case this enamil does not take it)
xxxhttp://www.********************.com/repair.aspx?appliance=washer&part=whirlpool-cog

Then find the part on this second site, whre you can read reviews from customers:

xxxhttp://www.********************.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=838429&ModelNum=LSQ9549LW0&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=3&Selected=SCD6HOL8&Position=0&mfg=Whirlpool&Type=&Mark=0

Good luck. By the way I did purchase the part I needed but not from any of this sites.
mpickell  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:17:47 AM(UTC)
mpickell

You have been a member since:: 8/8/2008(UTC)

I believe I have the same issue as this person.

My model # is LSQ9549LW0 and I downloaded the manuals from whirlpool's website for my washer.

Based on the part names listed in the "Repair Parts List" PDF for this model, this is what is happening: The "Agitator" is moving fine. The "Clothes Mover" is not moving at all.

Can someone confirm what i need to replace here? and if there is a specific replacement kit for this, can I get a part number for it?
mpickell  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:27:05 AM(UTC)
mpickell

Also, if "Dogs" are what i need to replace... is that ALL i need to replace? Or are there assoicated parts that need to be done at the same time?
mpickell  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:45:52 AM(UTC)
mpickell

Additional follow up: I can get the DOGS alone (P/N 80040) and the CAM KIT, which says it includes the dogs as well (P/N 285809). Do I need the cam kit as well? or just the dogs?

Thanks!
mpickell  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:31:54 AM(UTC)
mpickell

Any help on this one! thanks!
mpickell  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:38:23 PM(UTC)
mpickell

It turns out the dogs were all i had to replace. I couldn't find a CAM kit, but a local appliance store had the dogs. now it is working great. I took it apart and reassembled it using just the Repair Part manual downloaded from the Whirlpool website. That was enough to do it, it was pretty easy.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply