Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shake11  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:22:36 AM(UTC)
Shake11

Groups: Registered

So, I have this old GE top load washer and it has lately been acting up. I just changed the agitator drive block yesterday to fix the agitation process. (teeth were grinded down on the bell) Lately, during the spin cycle, the washer gets stuck and doesnt spin unless we stop it, advance it one or two clicks, then re-start it. Does anyone know if that is a timer issue or something bigger than that? I found a really good price on a timer on the web and want to buy it if that is the problem. Any advice would be helpful.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 5:24:39 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am not getting your model number to come up but I would suggest a couple of things.

1. Try changing out the timer.

2. You really ought to buy from this site (those of us who respond to questions on this site are volunteers and not connected to the parts operation of APP, but we really like the company and highly recommend it). If the part does not fix the problem you can return it, something I doubt if you can do with your low priced timer from another source.
sidfink43  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 5:24:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am not getting your model number to come up but I would suggest a couple of things.

1. Try changing out the timer.

2. You really ought to buy from this site (those of us who respond to questions on this site are volunteers and not connected to the parts operation of APP, but we really like the company and highly recommend it). If the part does not fix the problem you can return it, something I doubt if you can do with your low priced timer from another source.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply