Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tycates  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:23:59 AM(UTC)
tycates

Groups: Registered

I think I may have over loaded my washing machine because now the agitator will not spin. What I mean by this is I took the white agitator part and the hub off of the metal rod underneath the agitator and when i turn it on that parts spins just fine. So I noticed that with the hub connected and then I slide the white agitator back on the rod and hub that the hub and bar just spin inside of the agitator.

What part am I missing that should make it to where the agitator will spin along with the hub and rod? I thought of putting gorilla glue on the hun to keep the agitator connected to it but there must be a right thing to do here
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:17:00 AM(UTC)
applianceman

The spline inside the agitator is probably stripped out (#303 on the #5 parts breakdown). The hard part is getting the old one out. This page will show you how to do that Washer Agitator Repair Guide
tycates  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:28:17 AM(UTC)
tycates

Ok mine is the older one pictured there. However, the spline is not up in the agitator it's actually on the rod itself. Does that mean my agitator has been stripped up in there or does it mean i still need a new spline and only have to do the part where i shove it back up in to the agitator. I can post pictures if needed
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:01:59 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Sometimes when you remove the agitator the spline will stay on the transmission shaft. Did the whole thing stay or just the metal part? A lot of times the rubber part will stay up in the agitator and you have to get that out.

I believe that a new spline will fix your problem if I understand you correctly the transmission shaft will turn but the agitator will not correct?

It is possible the agitator is bad but I have never seen it normally the spline will take care of this problem. So yes, skip to the part where you shove the spline in the agitator.
tycates  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:39:33 PM(UTC)
tycates

Yes this sounds like it will work just don't understand why the spline still looks good wonder why it will not work now. Maybe I should just shove the old one back in there
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply